What Can I Do?
REGISTER AS A CLIENT: If you would like to have work done by our volunteers, please register at www.nelsonhospice.org/work-a-thonclient, providing your name, phone number, email, and a description of the work you need to have done.
REGISTER AS A VOLUNTEER: To participate in this fundraising event, complete a Registration Work Form at www.nelsonhospice.org/work-a-thonvolunteer PLEDGE TO SUPPORT THE WORK-A-THON AND NELSON HOSPICE:
How can volunteers get pledges?
Everyone has personal relationships. It’s as simple as asking these people to sponsor you. The worst that can happen is the individual says no. It’s ok, just keep asking! Volunteers are encouraged to be a good representatives for Hospice – dress well, speak clearly, and be honest. You can ask friends and family members to sponsor you, and businesses that you frequent (doctor,dentist,restaurant,etc.)
Questions Donors May Ask:
- How much is a sponsorship? Every amount is appreciated, but a sponsorship of $25 or more would be greatly appreciated. Student volunteers can let sponsors know that they can earn credits for the community hours they will work during the Work-a-thon day.
- How do I make a donation? Donors can donate online, via mail, or in person.
- Is my donation tax deductible and can I get a tax receipt? All donations are tax deductible and receipts are mailed at year-end.
- I don’t have any money now. Can I send in a donation to Nelson Hospice later? Encourage the donor to make an online donation (www.nelsonhospice.org).
- Who can I contact if I have questions or want to volunteer? Nelson Hospice Executive Director Jane DiGiacomo, 250-352-2337 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a printable version click here
Connect With Us
Nelson & District Hospice Society works closely with healthcare providers, counsellors, therapists, clergy, and pharmacists to provide compassionate care and support for the dying and the bereaved in our communities.